Game of Thrones Tour
Game of Thrones filming locations in Dubrovnik, Croatia.
Dubrovnik was the main filming location in Croatia for King’s Landing, a fictional city in Game of Thrones, the famous television series based on the series of fantasy novels “A Song of Ice and Fire” and distributed by HBO. For those who have seen the series and are passionate about it, a visit to Dubrovnik will become a beautiful déjà vu because of the way in which it was so well integrated into the setting of the series.
With a base such as that of the Old Town of Dubrovnik, no special measures were necessary for scenery or special effects in order to play the fortified port city of King’s Landing, a stronghold of the Lannister family. Filming grandly exploits the large outer walls, fortifications built over time by human hands, as well as the narrow streets of the old town where several scenes happen during the course of the episodes.
King's Landing Dubrovnik
Duration: up to 2h
Meeting point: Pile Square, by Amerling great fountain, look for the blue umbrella
Price: 190 kn per person*
*VAT is included in the price
* entrance fee to Red Keep (Lovrijenac fort) 50 kunas to be paid on the spot - local currency only, no cards
Check location here: https://goo.gl/maps/PGW6i3Up13F2
- how crowds where handled
- how extras were selected
- stories from the set
- visit Lovrjenac Fort posing as Red Keep
- Gradac Park as the site of The Purple Wedding
- Pile Gate where Riot in The Streets took place
- Walk of Shame - City of Qarth, the greatest city that ever was or will be